2-10 September 2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
22 April 2019, 23:59 CET
- Pustnik Screenwriters Residency is a not-for-profit organization and is free for participants. You must be able to get yourself to Bucharest (at your own cost) and we take of transport within Romania, accommodation, and food.
- You must be available to attend the entire residency.
- We have created the residency as an opportunity for dedicated writing time. Ideally you’ll clear your schedule for the week and leave your phone in your luggage. Residents who spend excessive time online or on their phones will be covered in honey and abandoned in the woods. Romania has bears.
- You must be working on either your first or second feature film as screenwriter. Fiction projects only, at any stage of development.
- Your project can be written in any language. The residency will be conducted in English so an advanced level of English is required for all activities and correspondence.
- The residency is ideally suited for screenwriters who have already written short films and are preparing their first feature-length project. You must have a previous screenwriting credit on a short or feature film which has screened at an international film festival. As well as your filmography, you must provide a link to an example of your previous work (with subtitles if the original language is not English).
- At the conclusion of the residency you must provide an updated copy of your project. We guarantee total confidentiality and the text will only be used as internal proof of the activities/results of the residency.
- If/when your project is produced into a film, you agree to include Pustnik in the credits.
- As a resident, your name and image will be used publicly (in texts, photos, videos) for the purposes of promoting the residency and your work.
Questions? Just email email@example.com